COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's the Grind That Grinds Me

There is a saying that goes "The Wind Still Blows The Strongest Tree" which is one I never really understood until I became an adult.  As an intellectual it is very hard sometimes to bring yourself to do some of the smaller things in life, and I myself have found that these are the things that are difficult for me.  Where one person would just mindlessly go through the task having little thought or trouble with the simple things in life I have always struggled doing them.  It is not the bringing myself to do them that is the problem for me it is the fact that I always have to plan out everything in my mind before I do it and I will stress out about every little detail thinking about the millions of things that could go wrong, or in other words finding complexities where they don't really exist.  As funny as it may sound it is true I took larger amounts of time learning how to read and tie my shoes then other children because even then I was making things more complicated then they are.  I remember specifically with reading instead of looking at individual parts of how the word I would look at the shape of it and try to memorize the shape which made even the simplest words hard for me to get.  I remember "and" and "find" were two words that gave me trouble and I got stuck on and would have to spend the recesses inside trying to memorize by teachers decree.  I only found my stride once I grasped the concept behind what spelling and reading actually was it finally clicked and next thing I knew I was reading better than my classmates.
 It is this characteristic of mine that is both my biggest strength and weakness and has been the cause of much stress in my life.  It is for this that I would wish my mind on no-one because no child should have to analyze everything that is said to them, and map out conversations in there heads at night just to be able to talk to someone the next day. Which was one of the biggest reasons I never had many conversations with people of the opposite sex, its hard when everytime a girls flirts with you you don't catch on to it until your driving yourself home later that day.  I find myself wishing oftentimes that I could slow my brain down and just live a carefree life like others,  where things that deserve picking apart were picked apart, and where things that are suppose to be easy things that you do with no thought could be as well. I find it quite interesting to think of all these mental drawbacks I have and how interesting it would be to see the world through someone else drawbacks and how much that would alter ones life and their perception of it.One things for certain it would be easier not to be such a pessimist if my mind wouldn't pick apart everything that is ever said to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment