COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Friday, February 17, 2012

Blowing off dust, and knocking off Rust

It is amazing in life how something that can be so important to you one minute is nothing but a book gathering dust on the shelf the next.  In my own life it is no different, I have wanted to write a novel since I was in high school which really hasn't changed however through my own insecurities and doubt I have yet to put my full effort into it, just doing a little here and a little there and sometimes I can go months in between doing it.  Also I was once a very proficient drawer, and in many other  different forms of art now that skill honestly hasn't even been used in years.  I still enjoy the thought of sitting down and drawing something but when I think of the patience that is involved and the need of focus and privacy (for me at least) I quickly turn down the notion.  Over time my skills in drawing have atrophied so bad that I don't even know if I can do those things I used to do anymore whether it be picking up a pencil and sketching to playing basketball.  The same rings true in my professional life I haven't had a job in a couple of years now, and when I go to look for a job I never even get a call back.  It has really shaken my confidence in my own abilities given every job I have had I have been advanced had good relationships with my bosses and yet I find myself questioning even that.
This has trickled even into my blogging I find myself wondering if I even have anything of use or worth to anyone else to write down without any confirmation of people reading it.  I know that the fish has to swim, and the bird has to fly, but life can be hard when you cannot figure out what do I have to do that noone else can deny? I know I have felt in my element doing things in the past but the only thing I am left with now is being a parent that I feel confident with. I find myself feeling like Tin man from wizard of Oz stuck in one place and unable to move with no answer or end in sight.
Where once I was shiny and beautiful and my movement was easy I traveled the world and saw many great forks in roads which could be taken, Now I am rusty and feel all void of movement as a rock I sit not able to see past the trees which surround me. What or when will it be that someone or something blows off the dust, and knocks off the rust on me? C.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment