COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Cowled Crow in a Nut-shell

I thought should anyone ever decide to read this(or maybe just because I like the look of my own writing) they may be curious as to why I chose the moniker Cowled Crow.  I have a fascination with the brain(of coarse), symbolism, and heraldry.  The Crow in these different facets has many cool meanings, for instance the crow was believed by the ancient Norse and other cultures to be the usher for spirits to the land of the dead. In heraldry the crow was only given to men who were considered sages or men of strategy. In China much like the black cat when you see one it is considered bad luck. In Native American belief he was wise but also meddlesome, there are many other things I could go into however to put it more directly the crow is a bit of an anomaly and I love things that cannot be pigeonholed into one category.  The Cowled portion (which is another way of saying cloaked) has to do with the Cloak and Dagger saying that those who are wearing cloaks or are cowled they are also concealing their motives.  So if you haven't put the parts together yet the Cowled Crow basically is my motives for writing this blog.  I am not going to pigeon-hole myself like how many other blogs do (which is a great recipe for getting many visits to your blog by the way because it gives people a subject matter). My writing for the blog is for my edification and hopefully through me edifying myself you yourselves will also be edified( a great word by the way).  I hope all are enjoying their lives and setting new goals for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment