COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Lately I have been pondering just the generalities of life and I find myself thinking that life is much like "pissing in the wind" sorry for such crude expression but I find it fits the thought best.  The reason I phrase it as such is that it often feels like I or we are caught in an endless cycle of dealing with problems and dealing with potential problems just to have another rise to where its the same as pissing in the wind.  There is a concept taught by the Buddhist and a few other religions which mentions we are our ties to the universe.  Take a person and find what their greatest wants and desires are and you can know what their ties to the universe are. In theory if a man were to eliminate these ties they would be free to live their lives with them being in control of a good portion of their destiny.  This is a very deep and complex concept but to put it in more simple terms for example if a man were addicted to nicotine (a tie to the universe) it would manifest if by the person say smoking after every meal or in times of great stress.  I have tried to illuminate my ties to the universe in many ways but I have come to the conclusion that to do so you have to leave all family and wants behind and go live life as a hermit.  Which in my mind is to steep a price to pay to be the total creator of your destiny for what gives life meaning if not the others that are a part of our lives.  In many ways this concept is a paradox if taken at an literal level, but taken on a theoretical level it is says change yourself and you will find the world changes with you.  Reminding myself of this is something I hold dear and something that gives me the motivation I need to try new things in hopes of different results, and here's to hoping for new results in my very redundant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment