COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Is the Juice Worth The Squeeze

"Is the Juice Worth the Squeeze" I find myself asking this question to myself often.  For instance lately I have been putting some job applications in at many jobs. This is something I have been doing for a long time now and every time some employer decides I'm not worth their time it makes it harder and harder to take the couple hours it  takes to fill out the applications and resume for employment.  Even with my blog which is mainly to sharpen my writing skills and to give me a place to organize my thoughts, I wonder to what end am I doing this.  Life in general seems to be filled with endless array of things that need to be done so you do them just to have to do them all over again.  The things that tend to give life meaning whether it be doing things you enjoy,spirituality, family, all seem to be just tossed aside so that you can simply stay alive. We are often taught that through hard work and determination we can acquire our dreams, but how many people work their whole lives trying to achieve something to die never having achieved it?
I would venture to guess that most people do. Only a select few people are lucky enough actually obtain their dreams. Even the people who are lucky enough to acquire their dreams find themselves acquiring more dreams to pursue.  I think this fact is something that in and of itself tells us the very nature of dreams.  Dreams though they seem to be the destination of a mans journey through life, are in fact just the motivation behind their journey. Meaning dreams are something to be thought of in times of rest, both the word and when it happens being intertwined more so than originally thought.  The very fact that we live in the natural world with laws and order is a deterrent that all dreams of a man will never be achieved at least not in this life.  I guess this explains my fascination with fiction and imagination because it is the only forum under which a man has complete and total freedom which is only limited by the mental capacities of those who dream it.  I find myself wondering whether my life should be  focused on dreaming up dreams which I can keep in my mind, or building up dreams I can share and show with others.  Should I dine on the orange itself or squeeze it's juice out  for others.The answer is clear though the way to achieve it in a meaningful way that can be enjoyed by others is not. In the end after all efforts are spent will the juice have been worth the squeeze?

No comments:

Post a Comment