COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A sociological look at blogs

I spent a good portion of my time looking though the blogs of others today and I must say their were a few things that stuck out to me.  The first one was that my blog seems to be very dull visually which Is why I uploaded a few new pictures to go along with the blogs  I have already written. The next thing that I was surprised by was simply the content and what people where finding interesting enough to share with the rest of the world.  In psychology and sociology (and naturally for myself) they teach you to think not of what the person is doing but why they are doing it.  There are hobbyists blogs, there are journal style blogs, and even religious blogs.  In thinking of that I found myself wondering what the motives of each of the individuals were in writing their blogs.  For instance with myself conscientiously I use my blog as a way to organize my thoughts and to write things I have thought of down so I don't forget them.  That seems like some logical reasons for doing it right, however if one were to dig a little deeper they might find that I was a middle child and an introvert that was raised in a house of extroverts which deeply imbued in me a sense of wanting my opinion understood and valued which is something that on a deep level my mind feels it didn't get while I was growing up.  The why and what is wanted out of the effort put into the blog is something that I find very interesting.do the other thousands of  bloggers have reasons as complex and deeply ingrained as mine? Or are we all just lonely souls whispering into the dark and praying for someone to whisper back?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. I grew up the other way areound, I was the middleone but in a house full of introvert I was the extrovert..

    ReplyDelete