COWLED CROW

COWLED CROW

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pardon The Flame


Lately I have had the image of a flame burning in my head, almost as if it where a video being looped over and over again, so I have decided today to try and figure out why that image is in my mind and what significance it could have.  To tackle this riddle to myself I will use categorical logic.  Very few elements need to be present for a fire to start.  A fuel source of some kind must be present (this could be anything if there is enough heat), Oxygen, and you guessed it heat. I find it intriguing that much the same things that humans need to survive are the same as fire.  This is intriguing to me because the flame is in many ways the embodiment of energy and power, in fact the only element which seems to differentiate us from it is our need for water which we need to cool us because we are basically giant batteries.     We ourselves much like a flame  give off energy which is gained by consuming things and breaking down that which bonds them together.  So we are both consumers of the physical world.
From a symbolic standpoint there is a belief that when something is burned it is cleansed which I find somewhat ironic because both the impurities and true elements are consumed together and the act of cleansing has to do with the separating of those elements much like when metals are purified by the heating and burning off of the impurities   Maybe this purifying belief has more to do with the fact that the thing being burned is being transformed into energy, in a sense potential energy or dormant energy being unleashed.  The flame itself when thought of on a candle stick can be symbol of life, or also even in another context the flame is thought to be a type of ambition.  This aspect comes from the thought of how quickly a flame if unmolested will  devour a countryside or a city block.
The Flame in its nature is unbiased and will consume all that it can indiscriminately.  Often it is only acted on by other forces that seemingly give it its will such as the wind pushing the flame making it travel in a certain direction.  Fire is a bit of an enigma in its nature in that very few things in nature on our earth have similar tendencies.
After having cataloged some of my thoughts and deducing what this Flame could mean to me and why it reoccurs in the images that roll through my mind in a day I have come to the conclusion it has to do with goals of mine that I have not been working towards.  As a flame in my mind it is an idea of mine which has yet to be distinguished especially me wanting to write my novel.  Until I get it figured out this flame will be in the back of my mind driving me crazy and now that I know why it is there it will be even more of an motivating factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment